What is a Nutrition Coach & How They Help You on Your Fitness Journey
Full Body Wellness
When you’re on the journey to better health and wellness, there’s no need to do it alone. Whether it means getting friends and family to cheer you on, hiring a trainer, or even working with a nutrition coach, there are all kinds of options for additional support on your wellness path! Today, let’s talk more about nutrition coaches specifically and how they can help.
What is a nutrition coach?
Nutrition coaches have extensive training in the science of nutrition. When they apply this coaching to their clients, they are able to help them reach their goals, including weight loss, muscle gain, and feeling their best.
As this article from Precision Nutrition explains, their training, knowledge, and experience includes:
- The chemical makeup of macronutrients (protein, fats, and carbohydrates) and the roles they play in the body
- Vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients (from plants), myconutrients (from fungi), and zoonutrients (from animals)
- Calories, metabolism, and energy balance
- Water, electrolyte balance, and proper hydration
- Energy transfer, fat storage, and muscle gain
Who can they help?
Now, you might be wondering whether you need a nutrition coach and who they can help.
Virtually everyone can benefit from working with a coach, and here are some examples of the people coaches work with:
- Anyone who wants to get in better shape and look and feel their best
- Busy parents looking for healthy options for the whole family
- Professional athletes, whether they are training for an event or not
- Anyone struggling to fit into traditional health and fitness communities
Why do people need nutrition coaches?
People turn to coaches for help with a number of nutritional challenges, including:
- Emotional/stress eating
- Struggling with meal preparation and planning
- Dealing with cravings
- Not knowing what/how much/when to eat
- Managing family and peer pressure surrounding food
- Frequently dining out and looking for the best options
Facing these challenges head on with the help of a nutrition coach can prove to be the make-or-break decision many people make on their wellness journey. Your coach can provide you with the clarity and detailed plan for reaching your goals you’ve been waiting for. At the same time, they help build plans meant specifically for you, your tastes, and your lifestyle. Whether you have allergies, a vegan diet, or other unique nutrition needs, rest assured your coach will know what to do!
A great nutrition coach gets to know their clients on many levels. They consider a number of factors, including lifestyle, priorities, motivations, goals, and health considerations. From there, they begin building a comprehensive plan built with all of these factors in mind.
With the plan in place, the client and coach continue communicating about what’s working, what needs tweaking, and any other questions or concerns that come up. These plans need adjusting overtime, and your coach will help with this too.
Online fitness and nutrition coaching
Are you ready to explore the world of online wellness coaching? Good news: we’re here to help! Xtend Fitness gives you the tools and resources you need to feel your best, all from the comfort of your own home. With personalized programs built around your lifestyle, goals, and preferences, we can help you reach your health and fitness goals with the customized support you’ve been looking for. Schedule your free consultation with Rachel today by clicking here.