Our Commitment to Safety at Xtend Fitness
Xtend Fitness has reopened its doors! And while we’re excited to have all of our members back to enjoy our facilities, we realize the health and safety of our visitors is of the highest importance. To ensure all COVID-19 guidelines are properly followed, we have updated our cleaning and safety policies.
What the Xtend Fitness Team is Doing
As COVID-19 is still circulating in some communities, we want our members to know they’re in good hands when visiting our facilities. This is why we’re taking extra caution with following public health issued checklists and equipment disinfectant rules.
Following the Gym and Exercise Facility Checklist
Minimum standard health protocols have been provided in the form of a checklist. The Xtend Fitness team will be following the entire checklist diligently.
The checklist includes operating at 50% occupancy. It requires employees to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth at all times. Wherever feasible, we will maintain social distancing at six feet apart for individuals of separate households.
All employees have been trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette. Employees are also screened before coming into our facilities.
Along with these precautions, all other health recommendations will be followed, including:
- Sending home employees who shows signs of symptoms
- Not allowing employees to return to work until all criteria are met
- Spacing out fitness equipment
- Providing cleaning products throughout the facility
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting
- Disinfecting of all items that come into contact with customers
- Providing hand sanitizer, disinfectant, soap and water
- Providing visible signage for reminders on best hygiene practices
Routine Cleaning and Disinfecting of Equipment
The Xtend team will be performing routine cleaning and disinfecting to all facility equipment in order to help prevent the spread of harmful bacteria.
We require all fitness professionals to wash their hands with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before cleaning equipment. PPE’s will be worn during cleaning, and wipes will be used for all surfaces.
When wiping, all employees will wipe in the same direction in order to prevent contamination, and disinfectant liquid will remain on the surface for the required amount of time.
Once team members have finished cleaning and disinfecting the equipment, they will be required to dispose of PPE and cleaning materials, and wash their hands again.
Better Air Quality
In addition to the new Health & Safety requirements we’re following, we have installed several Smart Air Purifiers that include Medical Grade HEPA Filters. These Smart Air Purifiers are designed to remove over 99% of particles from the air.
The Responsibility of Xtend Fitness Members
While Xtend will be diligent in ensuring that all guidelines are followed, we request our members do their part in following steps to helping prevent the spread:
- Individuals may not be in a group larger than 10 individuals
- Members must self-screen before entering the facility for symptoms
- Wear a face covering (over the nose and mouth) wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another individual not in the same household
- Equipment must be disinfected after use
- Hands must be washed upon entering the facility
- Gloves are recommended while exercising
- Individuals who bring their own equipment must disinfect it before and after use.
- Individuals over the age of 65 are encouraged to stay home as much as possible
Click here to learn more about the services and benefits you’ll enjoy as an Xtend Fitness member.
If you have any additional questions about Xtend’s cleaning and safety policies, we’re here to help! Contact us for answers to your questions or to learn more about what Xtend Fitness & Wellness can do for you.